A little something like YOLO

9:19 AM flaneur 3 Comments



This may seem like an obvious thing to say but, guys, we all only have this very life. 
Wow, so deep. 
Well the reason I want to talk about this is because I had a nice conversation with my cousin the other day about what to do with our lives after graduating and all the common jabber that I'm sure went through your mind more than once already. 
It is amazing how much society has changed in that aspect. The scope of occupations have multipled by many over the years and so have the motivations. I find it interesting to see all those determined people working in a job that is as extravagant as fascinating. And most importantly that is something they have been dreaming of. 
Now I don't have a vision or a dream as precise as any of those lifestyles and I don't feel called to something but I have fun trying out different things. However sometimes I lose determination of what I started doing or I have new ideas or I'm inspired by something else and sometimes I'm scared people will start to just smile at what I do. 
But then again, why?!
There will always be people who don't take you seriously or are not interested in what you do or maybe just don't want to admit they enjoy to follow your journey.
But ultimately you're doing whatever you're doing for yourself and for your experience. 
I'd rather say I know what I don't want to do because I have tried it than to say I don't know what to do. 
Especially when we were shooting the Lady In Red post me and my brother felt weird when people walked by in the beginning but as we decided to just go with it and have fun with the camera we didn't care and honestly we enjoyed the whole experience way more. 
Isn't it weird to know that you sometimes let people take away some of your happiness so easily just because you feel like they might think something of you. 
One of my favorite bloggers, Aimee Song from Song Of Style, did a video on how to take propper phone pictures for a blog or instagram and I loved to see how she just didn't care about people smiling at her excessive picture taking. 
What I'm trying to point at is that that's not what you see when you visit her website or scroll through her instagram account. You just see amazing pictures and some 1.5 million followers. And awesome pictures of a successful young lady. 

We live in a world where most of what we do is documented and commented, don't let that scare you away from something you might want to try out. 

Okay enough of that sentimental stuff. You'll find me outside chasing my dreams, ha!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely post.
    Giveaway on my blog check out the link below.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete