Baking recipes

Kitchen Tinkers: Ice Cream Cones

4:21 PMflaneur



When my Mom celebrated her birthday in June she had no greater wish than an ice cream maker. Of course every member of the family was equally happy with this wish and -boom- there was the ice cream maker. 
My grandma remembered having some ice cream cones left... Well, being a german child of the war my Granny stores things until they grow legs and walk away. 
Turns out the ice cream cones were best before 2004 and there we sat again with an ice cream maker and no ice cream cones. 
I'm a huge fan of all things self-made anyways so I decided to make my own cones yesterday evening and turns out after a little bit of practice they very well funtion as ice cream cones and taste amazing.

Ingredients:
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
about 1/3 cup all purpose flour
about 1/4 cup butter (I havent measured it I just went my feeling so you may need to play around with it)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk 
2 tablespoon veggie oil
a pinch of salt 

I haven't written down anything but that should be the rough measurements. 
Of course you can change and optimize anything and I'd love to hear about how you played around with it. 

Instructions: 
This doesn't get to hard. I poured all the wet ingredients together and all the dry and then slowly mixed them thoroughly together. Heat a pan on medium and put some oil in there and then just bake until it gets golden brown. Try to go as thin as you can and only turn when it's solid enough to not break. If you have a crepe spreader (I have no idea what its called.. you know, that T-shaped thingy) use this, but a spatula just work well for me. 

I didn't know how to roll them up because I don't have a cone shaper so I used the paper thing of a toilet paper roll and cut it up all the way. Then I just shaped it into a cone and used tape to hold it in shape. 
I was surpised about how steady it was. If you have other ideas, feel free to share!

Oh ya, one last thing. The cones are probably not going to be perfectly spikey at the end instead they're likely to have a whole. I decided to put a marcipane bump down the cone or use chocolate to seal it up. Just be creative here, ... or accurate.



I had to make some ice cream as well. 








You Might Also Like

11 Kommentare

  1. Thanks for this recipe , looks so yummy !
    kisses
    http://ohdebow.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful blog!!!!
    visit my blog on www.labrunettefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never think to make homemade ice cream cones, how clever! I might have to give this one a try, thank you of rthe recipe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  4. Definitely going to try this! I love love love your blog!

    www.alexawas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetheart! Making me smile here. xx

      Delete
  5. I never would have thought of this! Thanks for the new idea.

    - Shae
    http://currenthabits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! Have an amazing day.

    http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/invisible-by-karen-walker

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious and not so fattening!!! Great idea!

    http://tsizesmall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images

Contact Form