Baking recipes

Kitchen Tinkers: Zucchini Bread

11:57 AMflaneur

So, guys. I made this:







I've read about Zucchini Bread on MyWholeFoodLife and I wasn't quite sure what a darn Zucchini did in a bread. But as I love Zucchini I figured I might give it a try. And OMG is this good. 
I guess it takes the place of half of the flour so you're effectively using less flour and it definitely makes the bread suuuuper smooth and moist. You don't even see, taste or feel the Zucchini but the texture is just slamming!

Ingredients:



1 1/2 cups shredded raw zucchini (one medium)
1 cup whole spelt flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large banana
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup milk (add as much as to make it a smooth batter)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Instructions: 

Pour dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl and repeat the same with the wet ingredients. Mash banane before adding oil and milk otherwise you will massacre your kitchen. Mix wet into shredded Zucchini and work in the dry ingredients. 
Pour into a greased pan and bake at 180 Degrees Celcius (I guess something just over 250 Degrees Fahrenheit) for about 40 to 50 minutes. 


You can use maple syrup or honey instead of sugar, that's also what I did actually. But then keep in mind that it wont turn out as sweet, or not really sweet at all. Without sugar it tastes like a 70 % cacao brownie. I love the taste but if you like it sweeter make sure to put in sugar or stevia. 

However if you like it as bittersweet as me and still want some sweet pops here and there just put some Nut Butter on that little piece of heaven. 

Enjoy!



You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. Yumm! looks great!

    XX

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images

Contact Form