Baking recipes

Peach-topped Banana Bread

10:56 PMflaneur

Oh, my friends. 
When I was in Central America early this year I nearly died for nicaraguan banana bread. 
An american lady in a bakery told me, when I bought about my body weight in banana bread, that about 10 percent of the nicaraguan population suffer from diabetes. Having experienced the nutritional habits of the second poorest country in the southern hemisphere, I was clearly not surprised. Fried, sugared, fatty, salty, short carbs. However not so yuck altogether. As you may have noticed if you've been around for a while now I love all things copy-catted! 
So here we go:

Peach-Topped HEALTHY Banana Bread:



Ingredients:

(as always I have not used precise measurements so feel free to make any adjustments)

1 cup oat flour
1 cup whole spelt flour
2 bananas (the riper the sweeter your bread will be)
1 cup milk (or as much to make it a wet doughy consistency like brownie batter)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon baking soda
a pinch of salt

Instructions: 

Pour together the dry ingredients and mix well. 
Add the milk and let soak for about 5 minutes.
Mash the bananas and add them to the mixture. 
Add the maple syrup. 
Feel free to add ingredients to taste. You can taste as much of the batter as you please as it doesn't contain any raw eggs. 

Bake at 180 Degrees Celcuis (I'm from Europe, sorry) for about half an hour to 40 minutes but make sure to check frequently. 
I added the fruit after about 15 minutes of baking but I recommend waiting another 5 minutes or so. 

Mine turned out really moist and dense inside. I brought it for my aunts birthday and everybody was going crazy over the bread but I'll try to make it fluffier the next time I try it. However the resonance was surprisingly positive. 
People seem so surprised when I tell them I don't really go after recipes usually and just try out things. 




I also love using overdue fruit for deserts or other recipes. They develop such a strong and aromatic flavor that can be used very well for adding to other stronger flavors like the bitterness of oats for example. That way I avoid the nasty texture of overripe fruit but take adventage of the developed body of the taste. When baked they even develop further. It's lovely!


You Might Also Like

8 Kommentare

  1. Looks sooo delish and its healthy! Gonna try this recipe out! Xx

    www.mzmatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definintely healthier than usual banana bread. :)

      Delete
  2. gasp..omgg. I died and woke up again to taste this delicious dessert! #ahhakidding! LOOKS SOOO GOODD!

    Joua, www.jouatotherescue

    ReplyDelete
  3. İt looks delicious!

    http://bellemelange.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carino! Buon sabato!
    Passa anche da me e dai un occhiata ai post meno recenti!
    http://theroaronthecatwalk94.blogspot.it/
    Ti aspetto!

    Cute! Happy Saturday!
    It also passes by me and have a look at the older post!
    http://theroaronthecatwalk94.blogspot.it/
    Waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy ! it looks delicious

    fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks very good!!!!!!wow!

    visit my new post on www.labrunettefashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images

Contact Form