Brainwave: The Salad Bowl Paradigm

7:46 PM flaneur 0 Comments

Source


Recab. That's what just happened: I cut my hand. I burned my finger. I spilled tiny sugar balls all over my MacBook and had an argument with my parents over "demolishing the family kitchen". And for the worst. I picked too small of a salad bowl for my salad. 


The last is something that always happens to me. Always. Trying to mix the salad in the tiny bowl after all this chaos just happend I wondered whether it's me. I know I am clumsy, that's why all these accidents happen. But maybe if I wasn't as panicky and hectic and even angry about my clumsiness - maybe the whole scenario would have stopped after the cut hand. 
When I'm done mixing the salad for some unknown reasons the size of the bowl is perfectly fine for the salad. It's the way I mix, I guess. 
Probably I just need to be a little more calm. A little more adaptive. A little more ... water. 
Right? Because even one of the greatest philosophers of all times said it. 

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee 
So, my friends. I am going to have my salad now. Totally relaxed. Totally zen. Totally water. 
And don't mind my bunny bandaid.

 


0 Kommentare: