Baking recipes

Better-When-Frozen Banana Bread Recipe

5:30 PMflaneur





What do all of those breakfasts have in common?
Okay, yes, strawberries. But other than that? Bingo! Banana Bread!
Here's a 2-part story: 
Pt. 1: When my Granny told me to freeze my breads/cakes the other day I was in awe. How did I never think about freezing cakes? I guess I was a little worried that they might come out too moist and gooey for a bread when thawed overnight. 
Pt. 2: I made a loaf of Banana Bread the other day and I was a little bit disappointed about how moist and doughy it turned out. However, I am not the kind to throw stuff away. 

Bringing both stories together I decided to freeze my Banana Bread even if it wasn't perfect and when I had my first serving in the morning I was startlet. 
The bread was actually better than when it came right out the oven.

I really don't know how chemistry works its magic here, because it totally doesn't make sense to me how it turns out more firm and less doughy and moist after thawing but hey, I'll roll with it. 

Long story short: Here's your perfect recipe for a Banana Bread thats meant to last you a while in the freezer. 

Ingredients: 
1 mashed banana (the bigger and spottier the better and sweeter)
3-4 Tbsp Apple Sauce 
1 Egg
1 small cup milk (or any milk substitute)
180 g of spelt flour
150 g of rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder (or half a package)
A sprinkle of salt
1-2 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
A few drops of Vanilla Aroma (optional)
Honey or Maple Syrup to taste (I used about 50 ml)

For the Apple Sauce, what I like to do is I just chop up an apple and cook it with enough boiling water to cover it. Then I wait until they turn a little mushy and just make my own apple sauce by mashing it all together.

Instructions: (So easy!)
Mix all liquid ingredients in one bowl (However, if you made your own apple sauce you wanna make sure it's hot enough to not turn your egg into scrambled eggs)
Mix all dry ingredients in another 
Pour dry into wet and mix carefully (don't overmix)

Put it in the oven at 180 Degrees Celcius and bake for about 40-50 minutes.
You might want to sprinkle some crushed nuts or leftover oats on top of the dough after about 7 Minutes of baking. 

FREEZE - THAWE - ENJOY!
(Or, frankly, eat right away. I mean it's good anyways!)



You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Flickr Images

Contact Form